Sunday, March 2, 2014

More Google Chrome Awesomeness - URL shortener

A couple of weeks ago, Laura wrote a post about Google Chrome's Incredible Start page. I tried to think of a topic that was NOT related to Chrome, but gave up and decided to share my new favorite time-saving tip. One of the coolest tricks I learned at TCEA (or after TCEA really, when I took a few moments to digest all I learned), is the Google URL shortener.

If you are using Chrome, look at your menu bar on the far left and click on the "Apps" button.


Search for "URL shortener." You are looking for an extension. Once you install it, an icon for it will appear just to the right of your URL window.



There it is! I have a URL shortener icon and when I click it, I get a shortened URL (http://goo.gl.....). My favorite thing about it is the QR code! I click on the QR code and I can copy it and paste it into a word document to print, into a Keynote presentation, etc. 

This is such a time saver! With one click, I get a shortened URL (that is super easy to cut and paste into an email, for example) AND a QR code for any webpage I visit. Love, love, love this!

If you give this Google Chrome awesomeness a try, or discover another Chrome extension that you love, please share it with us:)


No comments:

Post a Comment