Monday, October 7, 2013

Screen Capture Mac Tool


Welcome to a new year of Technology Superheroes!  Thanks for joining us. We hope to provide some new learning for you.  It is not too late to join…just email Melanie or I letting up know you want to participate.  If you have an idea for a blog post, please let Melanie or I know.

Last year, I posted about a super handy screen capturing tool called Jing.  Well, my fabulous AP, Michelle Baumann, showed me a tool I like even better because it is already on my MacBook and doesn’t require a download.   If you go to System Preferences, choose Keyboard.  Up in the box towards the top, choose Keyboard Shortcuts, then Screenshot (on the left).  Check the options you would like to use, then you can click on it and rename it something easier for you to remember.  For example, I use the selection options all the time, so I renamed the “Save Picture of Selected Area as File” to Option F (using the option key by the spacebar.)  I also renamed “Copy the Selected Area to the Clipboard Option C.   This feature is great to insert quick little snapshots into emails and such! 


If you are really into using shortcuts, you can see (and rename if you like) them by choosing different categories in the box on the left.  Happy shortcutting!  

No comments:

Post a Comment